Oswald the Lucky Rabbit (or just Oswald for short) is an unfinished suit by Disney, and is an antagonist in the game Five Nights at Treasure Island. He was Walt Disney's first ever iconic Disney cartoon character, but was later replaced by Mickey Mouse. He later made a comeback as a main character in the game Epic Mickey and Epic Mickey 2.
Oswald is colored black, dark teal and dark blue with no arms. The reason for this, as explained by Lisa on Night 2, is because the suit was left incomplete before the rest of the colors, textures, and arms could be applied to it. This puts the player at a disadvantage, as he can blend in with the darkness, so it can be almost impossible to see him.
Oswald seems to resemble his normal Disney version. Except for the arms, all of his key features are there such as long ears, pair of oval eyes, his rabbit tail, the nose and overalls. His overalls, however, seem to look melted almost, and not as they were in the original cartoons. The back of his head is also a completely blank white texture and parts of his ears also have this white texture.
Oswald becomes active starting on Night 2, but can rarely become active on Night 1. He starts in the Storage Room, where he can be clearly seen lying on the ground, and will stand before he exits the Storage Room He can hide from the cameras like Photo-Negative Mickey. When he appears in the office, he is seen next to the Treasure Island sign. His jumpscare is him simply jumping up, screaming.
Oswald has been known to speak in a very deep voice echoing throughout the island. He seems to move or about to move every time he does this, saying things like:
- "Bless your soul..."
- "Don't bless this one...."
- "Have mercy on me please... I only ask for blessing..."
- "God?... God?... God?..."
- "God?... Where are you God?..."
- "God?...Please listen to me."
- "I know you're here, so, please bless me and help me out here."
- "I only ask for this..."
Oswald starts in the Storage Room, before standing up and moving to the Staff Area, the Lounge, the Meat Freezer, or The Office.
- According to Tia, Oswald and God are connected in some way.
- Oswald is voiced by the creator of the game, Matthew Phoenix Rodriguez.
- According to Matthew Pheonix Rodriguez, the reason for Oswald's messed up textures in-game is because of a glitch with the texture placement in his modeling program.
- Oswald will have his regular textures when he enters the Office and in his jumpscare in the Remastered 2.0.1 Demo.